First of all, thank you for taking the time to explore my blog. I just want to write a quick explanation of the purpose of this blog. Being in the audio engineering industry, I find myself getting engaged in numerous conversations about gear. Everyone always wants to know what I'm using, or gossip about what the top dogs are using and/or endorsing. I can't lie; I have been guilty of this as well. But, I have realized that equipment, may it be software, speakers, mixers, amplifiers or dynamics processors, are all just tools. It's how you apply these tools that counts.
I read a lot of trade magazines and articles that always include really great reviews of what a piece of gear can do, as well how much it will potentially break your bank account. But, I just don't find that they elaborate enough on practical applications and daily use of these same tools. I hope to provide information on the gear I use, techniques I practice and the workflow that I have established to help me to continually grow my own signature sound. Also to be included in this blog will be updates on current projects and artists I'm working with, modifications and upgrades to my current studio setup and any other relevant articles that have caught my eye and feel the need to share.
I hope the information I provide will help other engineers and audio professionals to grow within their talents and hobbies. I extremely passionate about music recording and production, but I do make mistakes. With that said, I encourage all to challenge any information I present! Only through discussion will we be able to learn together and make better sounding records. Thank you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment