It has not even been an entire year since the release of Pro Tools 9, which presented some incredible new features and upgrades. And Avid has announced the release of an all-new version of Pro Tools. Pro Tools 10 includes some even more amazing software changes, as well as some new hardware counterparts like the HDX cards. For regular Pro Tools users, the upgrade is not too far from reach financially, but for HD users such as myself, to simply upgrade the software will cost nothing less than one thousand dollars!!
A few of the features I am most excited about are real-time fades, the ability to use multiple file formats, 32-bit floating point resolution, and clip gain. There are plenty more features than this, but from what I’ve read so far, these interest me the most. I haven’t had the chance to toy around with it yet, so I can’t go too much into detail. But, I am curious as to why Avid released these two versions so closely together this past year. I feel that they are still knocking the kinks out of 9; so to release entirely new software seems a bit premature. For HD users, the HDX cards will certainly improve the stability and workflow from traditional HD cards, as well as make better use out of computer towers with limited PCIe slots. Also, I am quite interested to see how quickly plug-in manufacturers jump onboard the new plug-in format, AAX.
I am definitely interested in upgrading my system to the latest and greatest software, but I am on the fence as to how soon I should make the transition because of the hefty price tag. For more information on all of the features and to read some other good reviews, check out the links below.
0 comments:
Post a Comment